Our program teaches martial arts skills as well as self-awareness. We seek to cultivate a deeper understanding and appreciation for the art . We offer classes 4 days a week, as well as seminars with world-class instructors, and workshops to target critical skills.
Current Covid Training Policies
- Members must pre-register for classes (first-come, first-served).
- Members must not come to class if they are feeling unwell or have any symptoms (or combination of symptoms) listed here: headache, fever, sore throat, fatigue, cough, congestion, loss of taste, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Members having any of the above symptoms must be symptom-free and have self-quarantined for 14 days or test negative for Covid19, or have tested positive for Covid19 Antibodies before being allowed to return to class.
- Members must immediately notify Seattle Aikikai via email if they or anyone they have come into contact with has been given a positive diagnosis of COVID19.
For Indoors Training:
- In compliance with county guidelines, you must be vaccinated for Indoor training. Proof of vaccination and a vaccine booster is required. Specifically:
- If you have previously submitted proof of two doses of either Moderna or Pfizer, you’ll need to show your record of a third dose.
- If you have previously submitted proof of the J&J vaccine, you’ll need to show your record of a second dose of any vaccine.
- In either case, to ensure that the booster has had time to build antibodies, you will need to allow 10 days after the booster before beginning indoor training.
- You may bring your card to class to be verified by an instructor or you may email a copy to email@example.com. We will NOT retain a copy of the card, we will only record having verified the booster. You only need to show proof of the booster once.
- Indoor classes are mask-required. New research is emerging that cloth masks may not be as effective as assumed. Surgical and K/N95 type masks will now be required and made available to you at the dojo to use for participating in class.
For Outdoors Training:
- All members are welcome to join outdoor classes regardless of vaccination status.
- Members must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other practitioners unless they are training with someone within a family group.
- Training is mask-optional although unvaccinated members should continue to wear masks.
- Attire is informal workout clothes (no uniform required.)