Dojo closed, universe open!
Due to COVID-19, our physical dojo is now closed, but we are holding regular classes outside.
Current Training Policies for Outdoor Classes
- Members must pre-register for classes (first come, first served).
- Members must not come to class if they are feeling unwell or have any symptoms (or combination of symptoms) listed here: headache, fever, sore throat, fatigue, cough, congestion, loss of taste, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Members having any of the above symptoms must be symptom-free and have self-quarantined for 14 days or test negative for COVID19/test positive for COVID19 Antibodies before being allowed to return to class.
- Members must wear a mask at all times during training.
- Members must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other practitioners.
- Members must immediately notify Seattle Aikikai via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they or anyone they come into contact with has been given a positive diagnosis of COVID19.
1. Log in
Go to our ZenPlanner site. Log in with your ZenPlanner email and password, and sign the waiver.
Choose Calendar, and find the Outdoor Training class you want to register for. Click on the class, and reserve your spot.
3. What to wear
Dress in comfortable clothing that allows you to move, such as a gi or yoga pants and t-shirt. If you need equipment, such as a jo or bokken, contact us for a list of retailers.
4. Attend a class
You will receive an email about where to meet once you register. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early.
What to expect
Once you join Seattle Aikikai as a beginner, you will receive individual instruction on basic skills, such as basic etiquette, footwork, and weapons striking. As you progress, you will be fully integrated into the classes and receive group and individual instruction on basic techniques.